Video thumbnails now contain a PLAY button. How to disable

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,

I just upgraded to 6.0.2 and now all of my video (Vimeo) thumbnails have a play button overlay. I have already integrated a play button into my images, so I do not want this to appear. You can see an example here:

http://www.pifemaster.com/blog/power-center-ballroom-duquesne-university-maureen-and-johns-wedding/

How do I disable the play button overlay?

Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer
I think I may have figured this out. I added addPlayButton: false, to my options.js file.

Here is what I currently have set (license removed for this posting). Does this look correct?

globalOptions: {
licenseKey: "",
colorTheme: "black",
showOuterClose: true,
addPlayButton: false,
},

Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer
Administrator
The last entry in a javascript {key:value} block should not have a comma after it. This is a syntax error that most browsers will forgive, but that older IE will throw an exception on and will consequently fail to read the options file.

The addPlayButton implementation is being overly-aggressive. Thanks for pointing that out. The Options Reference says
The default action is to add a medium-sized play button to thumbnails added by the addVideoThumb option and to do nothing with other thumbnails.

But the actual implementation is to add a medium-sized play button to any video link unless asked not to with addPlayButton:false.

I'll sort this out in the next release and get the behaviour to match the docs, and vice versa.
Thank you for the response. I have removed the last comma in my javascript block and it now looks like this:

globalOptions: {
licenseKey: "XXXXXXXXXX",
colorTheme: "black",
showOuterClose: true,
addPlayButton: false
},

Thanks again,
Robert Pfeifer

Page: 1