Open a tooltip inside another tooltip

Page: 1

Author Post
Is there a way to nest a tooltip inside a tooltip?
I think Floatbox's default fb.end shuts the whole shebang down.

For example, on your demo page, when mousing over the blue flower here, can the orange & green flower that is floated left inside the tooltip fire another tooltip on mouseover? Instead of of the orange and green flower's click action that opens this page, I would rather have another tooltip fire on mouseover while keeping the underlying tooltip that holds the orange and green flower open.

I've tried doing this and fb.end fires and it shuts all the tooltip windows down. Is there an fb.stayOpenOneTimePlease :D ? Or, perhaps something I've overlooked in the documentation or API that will keep the first tooltip open?

I can probably achieve this with some CSS that creates my own tooltips, but I would like the inner 2nd tooltip to move around courtesy of "move with mouse" that's inherently built inside Floatbox's Javascript. Something you can't do with CSS. Thx for your help if there is an option to do this with Floatbox.
« Last edit by jatss on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:47 am. »
Administrator
Floatbox is capable of showing only one tooltip at a time. Before a tooltip is opened, any existing tooltip will be closed.
Thanks for the usual speedy reply. It let's me proceed quickly with a different way to skin the cat using CSS in the first tooltip and then maybe a fbtooltip inside the positioned CSS element for move with mouse stuff.

Cheers.
Administrator
A tooltip can be allocated to an element inside a context box or a standard floatbox, as well as elements on the base page.

Page: 1