using rel for grouping pics as a gallery

Page: 1

Author Post
Is there a possibility of using rel or class (such as shadowbox - class="shadowbox[gallery1]") to group together images into a gallery in floatbox?

The current method is too painful. I am using a CMS for my website and have to hand it over to my client. Expecting them to get inside the source area of the WYSIWYG editor to code the effects and grouping is a bit too much and they might more often break things than mend them.

Is there any easier method that can be done with the help of the image/link popup box of the WYSIWYG editor?
Administrator
Options such as "group:xyz" can be added either to the rev or data-fb-options attribute. If your CMS's WYSIWYG editor gives access to the rev attribute, use that.

Note that you can group everything on a page together into one gallery set by adding the group option to the settings defined in fbPageOptions. See the Instructions for details on using fbPageOptions.
Options such as "group:xyz" can be added either to the rev or data-fb-options attribute. If your CMS's WYSIWYG editor gives access to the rev attribute, use that.

I don't have this option. The only options available to me are ID, Stylesheet Classes, Relationship, Style, Access Key and Tab Index.

Note that you can group everything on a page together into one gallery set by adding the group option to the settings defined in fbPageOptions. See the Instructions for details on using fbPageOptions.

This also is not a possibility. The same template is creating tens of pages with such galleries on them. Can't have different templates per page I need a gallery on.

My problem could be a feature request you can look into, since the code you are using to group images is not available in any of the 100 odd CMSs I have tested. This might help manh more users like me.
Administrator
There's lots of simple ways to accomplish what you want.

First, as to fbPageOptions - there's no reason for it to be different on different pages. If you want to group all the floatboxed images on your pages, just have the same "group:1" setting on each page. You don't need a unique group identifier for each page.

But if you're grouping all images on each page, the simplest approach is to place image: "group:1", in the typeOptions section of the floatbox/options.js file. This one entry will apply site-wide and you don't need to fiddle with entries on each image or link, nor put fbPageOptions on the page.

If you want to use the old-school rel attribute instead on each link, you can. Instead of assigning a className of floatbox, you can assign a rel attribute like rel="floatbox[gallery1]".

There's lots of easy ways to put up Floatbox gallery sets using CMS editors. A single entry in options.js will do it, as will fbPageOptions defined per page (the same on each page), or adding options to the rev attribute if that's exposed, or using the grouping syntax on the rel attribute. The single entry in options.js is of course the easiest.
Great. Thanks.
andyash wrote
There's lots of easy ways to put up Floatbox gallery sets using CMS editors. A single entry in options.js will do it, as will fbPageOptions defined per page (the same on each page), or adding options to the rev attribute if that's exposed, or using the grouping syntax on the rel attribute. The single entry in options.js is of course the easiest.

What do I have to put inside options.js exactly?
Administrator
Open option.js in a text editor. Scroll down a little bit to the typeOptions section. In that section you will find an entry for images that looks like this:
image: "",
Place group:whatever in between those two quote characters.
Save the file.

Now all floatboxed links to images will be grouped into a gallery set.
Now all floatboxed links to images will be grouped into a gallery set.

This is where my issue will arise. How do I get more than one floatbox gallery in a page. I think I'll need to stick to the rel="floatbox[gallery1]" option.

Page: 1