Some Example for HTML Content on IE8 show error, 'permission denied'.

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi Administrator,

When I clicked some example at http://floatboxjs.com/demo like below on IE8, It show error 'permission denied' at floatbox.js Line:13 code:0 char:4274.

---------------------------------------------------------
HTML Content
HTML content can be loaded as an iframe, via an AJAX fetch, or from an inline hidden div.

Floatbox Instructions <== I clicked here.
- Page loaded as an iframe with "new window" and "print" widgets
<a href="instructions" class="floatbox" data-fb-options="width:650 splitResize:true showNewWindow:true showPrint:true enableDragResize:true disableScroll:true">Floatbox Instructions</a>
---------------------------------------------------------

Any idea?
Administrator
Thanks for the report, but no error is thrown for me when testing that example from either of my two instances of IE 8. Can you please try flushing your browser cache to see if the problem lies there.
I'm not sure if I did right way to flush IE8 cache out as you recommended.
I did as below.
Tools Menu > Internet Options > General Tab > Delete browsing history with all items checked
So please let me know if it was wrong.
- My laptop has Windows 7 professional.

All demos worked well only except some like Floatbox Instructions, E-Mailer Form, RSS news reader. And when I tried with my another desktop that has IE9 on Windows Vista, all demos worked great. I like it.

I want to make sure if it works good on every browers to use your gorgeous module in my project. Therefore it will be great if you help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Ranee
Administrator
Yes, that will flush the cache in IE 8. If that didn't clean things up for you, then I don't think I can be of any help. I can't fix a problem that I can't reproduce, and as mentioned earlier those demo examples are error free in both my instances of IE 8.
ranee wrote
Hi Administrator,

When I clicked some example at http://floatboxjs.com/demo like below on IE8, It show error 'permission denied' at floatbox.js Line:13 code:0 char:4274.

Hi admin,

I also exactly get this error...
This occurs in just one combination of browser/OS: IE8 and Win7.
We tested a lot of other combinations, Win7(32/64), Win XP, IE6-9, User with/without admin-rights, IE security settings to "low", deactivated AntiVirus/Firewall...

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.3)
Timestamp: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 07:35:55 UTC

Line: 13
Char: 4274
Code: 0
URI: http://www.*****.com/floatbox/floatbox.js

Floatbox version 5.5.0

Any new findings? My client is experiencing this error on each workstation and has no chance to update IE / Win.

Regards,
Joerg
Administrator
I believe you'll find that this obscure problem does not occur in the latest version (5.7.0). Update to that and you should no longer see this error thrown.
Thanks!
Update to 5.7.0 solved the problem - YES!

Page: 1