Image popup on iOS

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi.

I'm using floatbox for image popups on a catalogue site, example page:
http://www.triairemena.com/estuc3_1.html
But I've noticed that on iOS (haven't been able to test Android yet) if you drag a page so as to scroll and your drag begins with the finger over a 'clickable' image, the page does move OK, but then the popup image opens. The same happens if you two-finger enlarge or reduce the page.

This is not disastrous but isn't very convenient behaviour and is not what happens, for example, if you drag a page while touching over a link (the page responds to the drag but the link doesn't open).

Is there a way to set up the action in iOS so that a drag or a pinch doesn't also activate the popup?

Also peculiar to iOS, you lose the ability to click anywhere to close a popup, and must touch outside the poppedup window to close it.

Peter H.
« Last edit by PeterH on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:43 pm. »
sorry, just noticed the post below about Mobile Scrolling. Me too looking forward to the patch.

Thanks, best regards, PeterH
Administrator
This was fixed in version 5.6.0 which was released a couple of days ago. Please head over to the download page and fetch the new release.

I'm not sure what you're getting at about the ability to click anywhere to close a floatbox. Default behaviour has always been that clicking on one of the two close buttons or on the shady overlay area will close the box, but clicking anywhere else would not. There is a closeOnClick option, defaulted to false, which enables closing by clicking on the content area.
Thanks for the info. Have installed the new version and the iOS behaviour is now the same as for non-touch browsers. Seeing as no-one has posted about it here, I assume it's OK for Android too, though I don't yet have a device to test on.

I did previously have the 'closeOnClick' option as true but with fb version 5.4.0 it didn't work correctly on iOS, you had to tap outside the image to close. Functions perfectly now. Floatbox is wonderful!

An off-this-thread question: as the pop-ups on the site are simple, I ditched the 'cycler', and 'media' modules and haven't found any bad side effects yet. But if one leaves unused modules in the modules folder are they loaded anyway by browsers even if they're not needed, or are they ignored?

Thanks, best regards, Peter
Administrator
The modules will not be loaded if they are not needed. For example, if there's no cyclers on the page, the cycler_560.js module will not be fetched or loaded.

Page: 1