floatbox and javascript

Page: 1

Author Post
theprodigy
I'm having trouble with some custom javascript that I have written. Here's the scenario:

I've created a tabbed interface on my webpage. The tabs are shown via ajax. Some of the tabs have sub tabs. I got floatbox working correctly per se. When I click on a link (even after ajaxing the link), the form shows up fine. But I can't get the javascript of the main document to work, and I can't get the info on the main document to update.

In my floatbox'd window, I am calling the javascript files I need even though they are already called in the main document. I am ajaxing the information put into the floatbox form back to the server and into the database. All this is fine. But I can't seem to update the div with the new information. I can't refresh the page, because then the current tab won't show as it is not the default tab. I can't seem to get the element by id (it comes up null). I'll tried parent, top, and regular. I've tried calling custom javascript functions as well as just getting the id and updating it. Neither one seems to work.

Please help me.

Thank you
theprodigy
Disregard, I found the answer.

I did parent.fb.end() prior to calling other "parent" functions, and it did not work. I put the others before ending the floatbox and it worked just fine.
Administrator
That makes sense. When fb.end() is called the top-most floatboxed iframe is discarded, including its window and any javascsript that's executing in the context of that window.

Page: 1