Floatbox does not work in Opers 12?

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

Does Floatbox work in Opera 12 (latest build 1467, on Win 7)?

Your demos on http://floatboxjs.com/demo does not work - images are loaded in a new page.

On other browsers everything is OK.
Administrator
Yes, Floatbox and the demo page are fine under Opera 12. The problem is local to your browser instance. You probably have some setting enabled such as disabled javascript or something similar. I understand some folks are having trouble with the Opera 12 install erroneously changing some of the advanced settings available under opera:config.
Hi,

I reinstalled Opera 12 and now demos work correctly.

But after that I found another issue with Opera 12: when there is a big image gallery on the page then Opera displays on the tab the spinner for very long time thus making impression that the page did not finish loading.

It seems that the page really finished loading, just Floatbox does something asynchroneously.

Although Floatbox works OK in Opera, that ever spinning spinner results into bad usability. I need that spinner to be removed after page finished loading.

How should this issue be resolved?

Thanks.
Administrator
Set Floatbox's preloadAll option to false. The spinner is spinning as each referenced image is pre-fetched in series so that there is no network delay when the image is loaded into a floatbox.

Page: 1