Close controls not displaying

Page: 1

Author Post
For some reason close controls won't display for floatboxes displayed using this method:

<a href="{{ artist.biography.url }}"#page=1&amp;navpanes=0" class="floatbox"
data-fb-options="colorTheme:white cornerRadius:4 padding:4 boxLeft:click
showClose:true controlsPos:br resizeDuration:1 " >

Floatbox file/directory structure was copied intact to static folder on server. CSS and options files are stock, except for license key edit. No other settings or styles have been applied except for the ones passed to the anchor.

Active areas exist where the controls should be-- hovering shows a tooltip and clicking closes the floatbox-- just, no controls displayed...
Administrator
If I could see the live page, I could tell you right away where the problem lies. Got a URL I can look at???

Do an "inspect element" from a browser on the controls and look at the effective styles on those elements. You may have a broadly applied style in your css that is interfering with the background images which provide the visuals for the controls.
It's live on the host but password-protected until launch. Let me know how to securely pass you login info.
Administrator
http://floatboxjs.com/contact
Administrator
Your statement that "Floatbox file/directory structure was copied intact to static folder on server" is not accurate. The js is being served from /static/scripts/floatbox/ but the floatbox.css file is served from the /static/styles/ folder.

The background-image paths specified in floatbox.css are relative to the location of the css file and the graphics folder that contains those images is no longer in the required relationship.

If you must serve the css from a different folder than the rest of the floatbox package, you will need to modify all the url references in floatbox.css. And you will need to remember to do this again if you ever upgrade Floatbox. You'll be better off if you just serve the Floatbox files, including floatbox.css, from the floatbox folder as found in the zip file. Doing this will avoid path and reference problems such as the one you are experiencing now with the background paths.

Cheers...

Page: 1