Client demands absolute positioning

Page: 1

Author Post
Let me add to the praise for floatbox.

However, it needs to honor absolute positioning when instructed and not reposition when the browser window reduces the content pane.

I'm using it as a minimal slideshow on the home page, displaying fairly large images. When the browser window is reduced to image margins, fb floats up over the page header, obscuring navigation elements, despite being configured with 'Modal=false' and 'BoxTop=100'. I realize this is by design:

Note that regardless of explicit positioning, a floatbox will reposition itself if necessary to appear within the visible viewport area as there is not much point in displaying content off-screen.

However this is a flawed assumption. In this case it's needed to obscure along with all other page content so that the display degrades gracefully.

Is it possible to override this behavior?
Administrator
Thanks for the kind words.

There's a little bit of confusion in this question. The modal option does not affect positioning and the case-sensitive option name is "boxTop" with a lower case 'b'.

You can get the effect you want by setting autoFitImages:false. When the images are auto-fit to the screen, they will also be auto-positioned to be on the screen. When autoFitImages is false, they will assume the default positioning or that specified by boxTop and boxLeft, if those options are set.
That's exactly what I was looking for-- thanks.

Page: 1