Performance issues

Page: 1

Author Post
Good day.

I'm pretty new to Floatbox and maybe my problem is a configuration issue, but...

In a web page I've a lot of thumbnails, some of them open a photo, some of them open a web page where an HTML video runs.

Everything goes OK, just until there are about 20 or more thumbnails. Then, the floatbox become responsiveless in opening and closing. It takes even 7 seconds in closing the box. With only 15 items everything is fine.

I've customized the floatbox to make up a bit this behavior, but I'd need a bit more of speed. Can you help me?
Administrator
I'd like to help. I'd need to see a page that exhibits this behaviour. I've never heard any other similar reports and I know of pages running Floatbox with more than 100 items on the host page. Got a link I can look at?
We're working in a intranet environment, but, if it's a must to see how it's working, I'll try to put all the platform in a public web. In the meantime, do you want to see the generated source code?
Administrator
No, I don't think the source code would help. I'd need to see the page activity with all the elements present - scripts, graphics, etc.
Thank you. In the way of allowing you to see the behaviour, I've realized that when I use some computers, this problem disappear.

It could be a problem related with graphic cards or CPU? In local (where the problems arise), I'm doing my development with a Dell Precission R5400, i.e.,
- Intel Xeon E5405 64 bit, up to 2GHz (45nm architecture),
- Quad Core,
- 2x6Mb L2
- 8Gb RAM 1333
- Nvidia GeForce 210
- with Windows 7 Professional.

When browsing with my laptop, a Asus N71J, i.e.,
- Intel Core i7 64 bit, up to (45nm architecture)
- 4Gb RAM 1333
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 - 1Gb
- with Windows 7 Home Premium

then, everything works like a charm. Any clue?
Administrator
Not many clues there. Floatbox doesn't need a lot of horsepower to run well. It does ok on wimpy little netbooks and mobile devices.

But I think this tells us that the problem is local to the one computer and is not endemic to the web page or the Floatbox software. There's no way for me to determine what the problem might be on that machine. I strongly suspect that if you do put the page online somewhere, we will then see it behaving fine from computers that aren't your dev machine.
Ok. Thank you for your support. I will investigate further and try to see what's happening. Anyway, it's an issue not only related with the dev machine. Another laptop in the LAN is experiencing the same results.

Congratulations for your exceptional tool and support!
Administrator
If you ever do get a page up that shows the problem, please be sure to let me know. I want to take a look.

Page: 1