Floatbox is the wrong size

Page: 1

Author Post
pengo
I have an interesting behaviour using floatbox.

I'm displaying a "please wait" floatbox message immediately before an Ajax call to save user data. When the Ajax call returns, any files the user wants included are sent using the AIM javascript code. When that's finished, I display the result of both uploads in the original floatbox (there's a file size limit which can means some files may not get uploaded, there can be other conditions that qualify the outcome).

This all works fine. But ...

Although I specify sameBox:true when I load the results from a div, that call always appears to load a new floatbox ... and one that's almost full screen width and height. If I specify the original floatbox width and height it appears to put the content into the original box, although I'm not entirely sure: it may simply be writing the new box over the old one.

I use the same technique in other places: displaying a "please wait" while processing and showing the results afterwards. In all other instances it works flawlessly without the need to re-specify width and height. However, this is the only one where I use the AIM javascript (which creates and destroys divs and iframes and other page furniture).

I guess that since I now have it working the way I want, it's not a problem. But it's odd. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the great product,

::Leigh
http://www.else.co.nz/
Administrator
It's odd indeed.

I'd really like to see this online somewhere so I can take a scalpel to it and figure out what's happening. Any chance of that?
pengo
Yes, I thought of that (it's a logical way to approach these sorts of issues).

I have worked around the behaviour on the page where it appeared, but I could set up a copy of that page and break it again. I'll do this when I have time - it may be a day or two.

Thanks,

::Leigh
http://www.else.co.nz/
Administrator
I'd appreciate the effort. If there's a bug in floatbox, I'd like to find it.

Page: 1