HTML iFrame - need back button

Page: 1

Author Post
potterspread
I have a php form with a captcha loading in a floatbox window. When the user enters the wrong spam code by accident, it takes them to a page asking to try again. I need a back button on this page, but I can't seem to find a script that works. I tried a simple javascript and a PHP script, but they both simply close the floatbox, making the user have to reopen the form and fill it out from the start.

Please help!

Thanks.

PS - here is a link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.allaboutmelive.com then click on "Contact"
Administrator
I wouldn't try to use history.back for this. History is problematic in iframes and behaves differently in different browsers. Just refresh the floatbox content with a direct reference to the contact page.

Something like:
<input type="button" value="<<<BACK" onClick="parent.fb.loadAnchor('/mail_form/form.php', 'sameBox:true someOptionName:someOptionValue');">

And put any other floatbox options you might need (like width, height etc.) after the sameBox:true option.
Administrator
No, no. I didn't mean you should put the literal string "someOptionName:someOptionValue" in the second loadAnchor parameter. That's there to indicate that if you have some options to add to that loadAnchor call, that's the place to put those options. But I mean real options that mean something to floatbox, like maybe "width", "height", etc. Don't just cut and paste that line verbatim but use it as a guide to how to write your own onClick action.

Page: 1