Page in floatbox not unloading?

Page: 1

Author Post
elio_ier
Hello,
First of all I would like to congrat you about the great tool you have put together called floatbox. It has helped me a lot but now I have a problem.

I am using floatbox to display a .aspx page inside it. After interacting with the page, eg doing some postbacks, I close floatbox. Everything works fine but when I reopen it from the same link, the .aspx page doesn't load from scratch but behaves as if it loads from postback (when I debug it I see postback=true even though I had close the floatbox before). Seems to me that when i close floatbox the page doesn't unload but stays open in the background. I tried ading a function to handle afterBoxEnd that does fb.end(true); but nothing changes. Please I need your help, I can't think of anything else to try.

Thank you!
Administrator
No, floatbox doesn't hang on to the page in any way. When floatbox is closed, the iframe that contains your aspx page is removed from the document and discarded. Calling fb.end a second time will have no effect and take no action.

When that page is re-shown again in floatbox, a new iframe element is created, attached to the document, and given a src attribute of the href path to your page.

It sounds to me like you have a state or cache management problem. It will be your pages or application that will need to handle these issues. Floatbox does not do any internal cacheing of iframe content.

Page: 1