Floatbox/Framebox and Iframe

Page: 1

Author Post
MkAndersson
Hello!

I tryed to implement this in my portfolio
www.mka-portfolio.com under crossfire but didnt get it to work.

I want my floatbox to open up outside the Iframe but when i add floatbox.js and the floatbox.css in the index.html document and same in the Iframe document it wount work. The picture just opens up in a new page without the floatbox

It only works when i use framebox.js but then it open it up inside the Iframe

Tryed to look on your tutorials and watched other posts but no one explained how i should solve this. Or maybe I'm just slow dont know =P

Cheers
Administrator
The main problem is that the path used in your floatbox include lines is not that path where you have floatbox installed. You are referencing floatbox at src="/floatbox/floatbox.js", but the file is at /b689700/floatbox/floatbox.js. Ditto for floatbox.css.

In your nested iframe you've found the floatbox files by using the relative path ../../framebox.js. Probably cleaner to use the absolute path given above in both locations, but once you get floatbox.js (not framebox.js) correctly included on both parent and child iframes you should get floatbox lighting up as you hope.

On to another topic...
Reviewing your page revealed a problem with floatbox's hiding of flash. WebKit browsers (Chrome and Safari) fail to hide the youtube flash object, so the flash ends up overlayed on top of the floatbox. You can fix this by setting wmode to opaque in your object and embed elements. In the object tag, add <param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param> and in the embed element, add wmode="opaque". After doing that, you can safely set the floatbox option hideFlash to false, which is probably want you want on that page. I'll post an update to the floatbox zip package that fixes the webkit flash hiding problem.
MkAndersson
Thanks dude! but only works offline :S Dont know what happened tho =/

I took all of my maps pages and put them in the same location as the index file and took the .js and .css and put them in the same folder aswell.

Took your addvise with the hide flash too and that seem to work just fine.
« Last edit by Unknown on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:46 am. »
MkAndersson
Works now. For some reason when I transferd the files the ftp didnt want to transfer the .css file to the webserver. all fixed now.

Thanks again.

Page: 1