Posting a form to another page

Page: 1

Author Post
aestrada
I have a single .asp page that is posting a query variable to another page. Easy as pie, right?

<form action="relational.asp" method="post" name="Name">

<input name="Name" type="text" />
<input name="Search" type="submit" value="Submit" />

</form>

When my form posts to the page called 'relational.asp' the correct records return as they should...When I do the same thing using the fb.start method, *everything* in my recordset returns.

<form action="relational.asp" method="post" name="Name">
<input name="Name" type="text" />
&nbsp;
<button type="button" onclick="fb.start({ href: &#039;relational.asp&#039;, rev: &#039;width:680 height:600 scrolling:yes innerBorder:3&#039; });">Search</button>
</form>

This does envoke FB but does not filter based on that I entered in to my search box. Any ideas?

Adam
Administrator
The second code block you quoted doesn't do a form submit, so the action page never gets to see the form values. There you are simply loading the url "relational.asp", same as if you typed it into the address bar, and showing it with floatbox.

The challenge at hand seems to be that you want to submit a form and have the returned page from that submit open in floatbox. This will be a bit challenging to do. You have two contradictory desires. One is to submit the form, which results in a navigation of the current page to the action page. The second one is you want to open some content in floatbox from the current page. The contradiction is that a form submit takes you to a new page while a floatbox load occurs on the current page.

So you're into the flow and behaviour of your content and are getting outside the scope of floatbox support. But if you're determined to try to make this work, you could consider having your action page return a page with your desired floatbox content tucked away in a hidden div. You could then also include an anchor on that page with an href of the hidden div id and autoStart:true in its rev tag. Then the hidden div content should popup into floatbox after the action page is returned and loaded by the browser.
aestrada
thanks! You're right in that I was trying to force it to do something that it wasn't meant to do! I used an iframe for a quick workaround! Thanks again for being so attentive...

Adam

Page: 1