Is there a character limit to the 'title' field?

Page: 1

Author Post
gregp
Well, I should say, as far as I can tell there IS a character limit to the Title field but does it have to be there? I'm putting some ceremony photos up and peoples' titles are quite flowery. When I go beyond 127 characters the caption disappears altogether. Interestingly in some cases I get enough space for the caption but no actual text.

Is there a fix for this? Or if it's a known limitation, is it documented somewhere that I missed? Still using 3.24 at this stage.

Thanks,
Greg
Administrator
v3.24 707 characters

User posted image
Administrator
I read a bit more on this. Apparently some browsers strip the title down to 127, some don't. You probably want to move that stuff into a caption option in the rev tag.
gregp
I think the problem was that I have the captions and nav above the image and in this case have portrait images. So I have long captions sitting above a narrow image and the nav sitting in that already narrow space, so there was a looong skinny space for the caption. Seemed the browser would baulk when it got too long (apart from looking ridiculous) but seems OK now I've moved the caption down below the image. Otherwise I'll use the rev tags if I have to.

Thanks!
Greg
I had this problem, but if you upgrade to the new version you can call a new caption box from inside the image box. Maybe have a short caption on the image and the option to bring up a full caption. See example here (bottom five images): www.grimsdell.org.uk/academic/gallery.html

Page: 1