Floatbox not working at all

Page: 1

Author Post
jjsquared
I can't get floatbox to work locally or remotely. I've uploaded all files in floatbox directory and I've included the .js and .css and added a simple a href link to the page, but it's not calling floatbox, it just acts as a regular link and doesn't trigger floatbox.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Here's a test link so you can see my setup:

http://www.frankmitman.com/beta/test.html
jjsquared
I figured it out for anyone else that is having this problem....i was calling /floatbox/floatbox.css instead of floatbox/floatbox.css. I removed the slash and now it's working.
Administrator
Please note that this is not a universal change that should be made by everyone. You just need to make sure the paths in your inlcude lines match the reality of the paths where you have placed the floatbox files. If the absolute path "/floatbox/floatbox.css" does not work for you, then you have not placed the floatbox folder at the root of your site. If the relative path "floatbox/floatbox.css" does work for you, then you have placed the floatbox folder at the same level in your folder hierarchy as the page with the include statements on it. A page at a different folder depth on your site would need to use a different relative path (which is why I recommend using absolute paths - so that your includes are the same regardless of where your page is in your folder hierarchy.) And lastly, if you're developing off a local file system rather than a web server, you will almost always need to use the relative path syntax. The simplest and most reliable approach is to use a web server for your development, place the floatbox folder (and its contents) in the root folder for your site, and use the absolute include paths as given in the docs.

Page: 1