Float Box in Swish

Page: 1

Author Post
mikelowe
I was wondering if anyone could help me? I was wondering if it is possible to have a float box for a flash Video within a Swish Site?

Many Thanks.
Administrator
Hi Mike,
I'm weak on flash and had to search to learn what Swish is. But if I understand it correctly, it is simply a flash authoring tool. When I was looking around to learn about Swish, I noticed that swishzone.com uses floatbox (an older version) to display its flash template and video samples!

Since Swish is an authoring tool, then the question really is about floatbox integration with flash, and not Swish-authored flash in particular. And yes, you can show flash in floatbox and launch floatbox from actionscript within the flash. Information you need for displaying flash in floatbox can be found in the multimedia section of the instructions.

The docs are much less forth-coming about calling floatbox from flash actionscript. (I plan to have this short-coming rectified within the next week.) But it's pretty straight-forward. You combine actionscript's getURL function with floatbox's start function. For example: you would start a floatbox from a flash button with something like:
myButton.onRelease = function() {
getURL("javascript:fb.start({ href: 'URL_of_your_content', rev: 'floatbox_option_string' })");
}

See the API reference for details of the fb.start function.

I hope this is enough to get you started.

Page: 1