New window not opening in IE10

Page: 1

Author Post
I have a floatbox opening. There's a link in there that I want to open in a new browser window (or tab) and have the FB close. This code works in FF, Chrome, etc but NOT in IE10.

<a href='../stories' target="_blank" onclick="fb.end();">BROWSE OTHER STORIES</a>

Is this a known problem? Is there a way to make it work cross-browser?

THANKS
I might not have been clear. In FF etc when I click the link the page opens in a new window/tab and FB closes (as it should). In IE10 FB closes and the new page opens in the main browser window, NOT in a new window.
Administrator
Hi,

This isn't really a Floatbox support topic. As noted, the Floatbox bit, fb.end, is working fine. Your issue is with one particular browser and how it is managing requests for a new window or tab. Floatbox (the software) isn't involved in that in any way.

I tried your link in IE 10 on my test site and it opened the targeted page in a new tab just fine - same as the other browsers.

target="_blank" is a suggestion to the browser and not something they have to obey. In IE's case, its behaviour in this regard is governed by the user's preferences set in Internet options/General/Tabs.
Thanks. Oddly, IE10was set to "always open pop-up in new window." I changed it to "Let IE handle it." It works. I changed it back...and it still works. Ya gotta love it....

Page: 1