Missing background images?

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi Byron,

is it possible that floatbox is looking for some images that are not in your graphics folder.

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - /wp-content/themes/love/js/floatbox/graphics/s12_r6_top.png"

s12_r6_top.png

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - /wp-content/themes/love/js/floatbox/graphics/s12_r6_right.png"

s12_r6_right.png

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - /wp-content/themes/love/js/floatbox/graphics/s12_r6_corner.png"

s12_r6_corner.png

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - /wp-content/themes/love/js/floatbox/graphics/s12_r6_bottom.png"

s12_r6_bottom.png

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - /wp-content/themes/love/js/floatbox/graphics/s12_r6_left.png"

This is what I see when I open the firebug console.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Administrator
6 is not an allowed value for the boxCornerRadius option and there are no shadow background files available that fit that radius. The allowed values given in the Options Reference are "boxCornerRadius - 0 | 4 | 8 | 12 | 20", with 12 being the default. Perhaps I should be enforcing the use of only those allowed values in the code.
Administrator
Just for you, special today, I built a batch of radius 6 drop shadow backgrounds, available at http://floatboxjs.com/downloads/r6_graphics.zip. Drop those into your graphics folder and you can use a boxCornerRadius setting of 6.
Thanks Byron,

for the information and even more for the custom made graphics.
That's cool!

Another topic:
I am working on the 'integration' of social media sharing buttons into floatbox. Right now it is more a parallel 'function thing' that is loaded with floatbox events but I am sure we can optimize that and maybe even make it part of floatbox.
I will let you know once I have it online, what might take another two or three weeks.

I think social media is a huge potential ... also in terms of making floatbox more interesting for a wider audience.

All the best,
Sebastian
« Last edit by admin on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:30 pm. »
... and maybe you can start using CSS3 soon. Then you will not need any images for the drop shadows anymore. :)
Administrator
I think it would be a mistake to try to bake in social media connections into the Floatbox suite. Everybody wants something different in this regard, and a new flavour-of-the-month could be popping up at any time, making it more than a full time job to try and keep on top of the various usages, permutations and demands.

Probably what should happen is a few examples put up that show how easy it is to put whatever HTML widgets you want into the captions, header and footer of a Floatbox, and let people use this existing capability to present whatever they want to - rather than what I might try to predict they might want to present. The capability to pop sharing buttons or whatever into these informational areas of the Floatbox has existed for a long time and is not so difficult to use. The tools are there, you just need to use them.

I'm not highly motivated to move from the drop-shadow background images to css3 shadows at this time. The existing strategy works everywhere, including IE 7 and 8. But really I was never able to achieve the best results with css3 shadows when I last tried it. The background-images look exactly the way I want them to and appear identically on all browsers. The css3 shadows never looked quite as good and varied in their presentation between different browsers. If I could achieve better results and better cross-browser equality with css3 shadows, I'd be all over it. Right now it would just be a bunch of work resulting in a small negative impact on appearance and compatibility, but would allow me to come across as a modern guy.

Page: 1