Idiot Needs Help with iWeb

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello! I'm trying to create a page a bit like this one:

http://www.flex-film.co.uk/flex-film-live.html

I'm using iWeb and know very little about coding. I found floatbox which looked like a good solution. I'm fine with the image rollovers (copy+pasting html snippets and replacing the relevant paths is about the extent of my coding ability), but am having trouble setting up floatbox.

(Plus, I wouldn't have the first idea of how to combine the rollover codes with floatbox!)

I added the following lines to the page as an html snippet:

<div class="floatbox";>
<a href="//vimeo.com/22439234">Vimeo</a>
</div>

I published my site to a local folder, then I opened up the page in TextEditor and added two lines to the end of the <head> section:

(<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/floatbox/floatbox.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/floatbox/floatbox.js"></script>)

...before uploading the page to my hosting service.

If anyone can provide me with some idiot-proof steps to making my crazy dream a reality.. well, that would be great. Floatbox may not even be the best way to do this, I don't know!
Administrator
I haven't got a magic wand for you, but it's moderately straightforward getting Floatbox up and running. Take a look at the Quick Start section of the Instructions. That's the best intro we've got.

If you've got a page online that you think should be working, but it isn't, let me in on the URL to it and I'll take a look and tell you where the problem lies.

Page: 1