parent.fb.resize() causing a neverending page load loop

Page: 1

Author Post
i recently upgrade to floatbox v5.7.2. anywhere I call parent.fb.resize() to re-size the frame to match the size of new content, the script goes in to a never ending loop constantly reloading the page. i can revert back to the old script and the problem is fixed.

Any idea what i need to do differently to get my scripts to work with the new versions?

<script>parent.fb.resize(680,320);</script>
// and //
<script>$(function(){ parent.fb.resize(680,320); });</script>
Administrator
I'd like to see an example page online that is exhibiting this problem. I need to see the behaviour in the context of the page it's running on in order to trace it. I've tried some quick tests on my end and have not been able to generate a page-reloading problem by assigning an fb.resize script.

I removed a big chunk of server-side php code from this thread. There's no point posting server-side code on this forum. I won't read it for clues. Experience has shown that it's almost always a useless way to try to decipher causes of problems. Resolution requires inspecting the html as the browser sees it, in the context of the executing page.

Perhaps you don't need to be trying to manage the floatbox size yourself. You might find the problem goes away if you let Floatbox handle that. Don't set height in your floatbox options and Floatbox will measure and auto-set that on content load. If it's same-domain iframe content being shown, Floatbox will re-measure and re-set height for that iframe if it navigates to another page while remaining displayed in the floatbox.

I need an online example to explore this any further.

Page: 1