OpenX

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello
Iwill be advertising real estate on my site, using the free version of OpenX, which, when all the boxes are filled in and ticked, generates either a Javascript or Iframe code to paste into a page and, hey presto! a random assortment of photos of properties appear in the div allottted to them, all nicely spaced, excellent.
Click on a property and you're sent straight to the correct page on the real estate agent's website. Only problem is, the choice of target is either opening on the same or a new screen and I don't want people to leave my site and go off browsing somewhere else, which is why I've been using a great many floatboxes elsewhere.
Is there any way of making the real estate agent's website open in a floatbox? I found the forum post regarding forms and targets and tried to insert all that but nothing worked.

<admin edit>
Large chunk of script and html removed
</admin edit>

Thankyou - and for all your help already.
« Last edit by admin on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:10 am. »
Administrator

To show an external site in a floatbox, simply use the external site's URL as the href or source on the link or in the fb.start call.

However, it's generally not considered good practice to try to present someone else's pages embedded in your own. A lot of sites include code that prevents their pages from being presented in an iframe and will redirect the main page to their site. There's nothing you can do to force a site that doesn't want to be in an iframe to stay in the iframe. One can easily understand why sites don't want to allow this by thinking of your banking site embedded in someone else's pages.

For example - wikipedia: frame killers

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framekiller" class="floatbox">frame killers</a>

Page: 1