scrolling='no' broken in IE & Chrome

Page: 1

Author Post
I am using v4.21, and when I set scrolling='no', the popup does not go away completely in IE & Chrome. When I get rid of scrolling='no', the popup works fine in IE & Chrome, but does not act like I want it to. Scrolling='no' Works fine in FF and Safari. . . I'm using IE 9 & Chrome v23.x for testing

What I am trying to do is have the height of the floatbox match the internal HTML. . .if there is a better way, I'm open to it. You can see the example of scrolling='no' not working here:
http://tomatinasanrafael.gimmegrub.com/

You can see an example of it working fine without scrolling='no' here:
http://demo.gimmegrub.com

Do see the popup break, you have to click on a menu item, choose pickup, choose time and then click "ok" on the menu item.

Also, I have been trying to figure out how to make the width dynamic for html (iframe). . is this possible? My only solution so far is to just set it to be a static width.

-Jason
Administrator
I'm having a very hard time figuring out what the problem is that you are trying to describe. When you say "scrolling:no" is broken, what do you mean by broken? The scrolling option controls scrollbars on the content area. There are no scrollbars on the "not working" example, so that setting appears to be doing its job correctly. I also don't know what you mean by "the popup does not go away completely". When I test your example it opens fine, displays fine, and closes fine. I need a little help in being directed to exactly what the problem behaviour is and where I can see it.

I'm also not sure about what you're looking for with "dynamic width". Do you mean having Floatbox measure the width of the content and auto-sizing itself to that? If so, you can't really do that with width in HTML. The width has to be specified somewhere. You can constrain the HTML content to a particular width through css styling and Floatbox can size itself to that constraint, but you can't just put up an unbroken and unconstrained paragraph and expect that to be measured. The browser's layout engine will render the paragraph in a single line for whatever width it has available to it. If you don't specify width in the HTML content, then specify the desired width in the Floatbox option. Auto-measuring and sizing to HTML content is best done only on height, which does have a specific and measurable value when laid out by the browser.

Page: 1