The next small Problem ;-)

Page: 1

Author Post
Floatbox 5.5.0 - October 26, 2012

Hi,

I have a problem with a PDF page and fb.goBack ().

I have created a test page: www.rainbow-gym.de/html/direkt/1/test1.htm

Please click on the link. Then on the link (HTML-Page). Back on the link at the bottom right. It´s works OK :D

The same with the PDF page. Back into chaos, only in IE9 :'(
The other browser works OK.

Please where is the error.

best regards
« Last edit by wnwtal on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:39 pm. »
Administrator
Another very odd one. Everything is fine in Firefox and Chrome. IE is having trouble. It's throwing an error claiming that 'Math' is undefined, which is not possible as 'Math' is a universally available built-in javascript object. To the best of my knowledge, this has never been encountered on any other pages.

It will be a little while before I have time to slice and dice your setup. In the meantime, could you please do me the favour of removing the script lines that load options.js. You shouldn't load that explicitly but rather let floatbox.js load and read it when it is ready to do so. I don't think that's the source of your problem however.

I notice that you have some references to randomous.com on those pages. That domain went away a long time ago. We're floatboxjs.com now.

I'll get back to you when I have something more substantial. And thanks for posting a clear example.
OK works, unfortunately, still not, not without options.js.

Well, just PDF files will at first start without fb.goBack.

Thanks for the quick response,

best regards :D
Administrator
Sorry, I can't fix this one.

IE has a whole truck-load of problems handling dynamically created and destroyed iframes. In your case, returning from showing pdf in the iframe is internally scrambling IE's brains and I can't find any work-around for it. You simply can't do pdf sameBox and goBack content in IE.

An alternative would be to post the pdf document on scribd.com and show the document from there. IE behaves ok doing this. There's some info in the instructions on this topic.
Administrator
Update:

I get obsessive about these things and have found a loading sequence that keeps IE happy when doing sameBox content with iframes and pdf documents. It also eliminates harmless but incorrect duplicate loads of sameBox content in other browsers, so it's definitely an improved approach. The next Floatbox version will be able to handle your sameBox pdf documents in all browsers, but I don't yet have a forecast for its release date.
OK, will then wait for the next float box version 8) .

best regards :mrgreen:

Page: 1