remove link to get flash

Page: 1

Author Post
I'm building a mobile version (iOS, essentially) of my portfolio site - it has a lot of Flash content - I want to remove the link to "Get Flash Player" since of course you can't get a plug-in for Flash in iOS - and replace it with a message to view the site on a desktop browser (or whatever). I can find the first line your localized file but I can't figure out how the "get" link is generated in order to replace it - any suggestions?
Administrator
I don't think you can hack in an alternate message when direct-loading flash content. Consider taking another approach.

You could write a small self-contained iframe page which reads input from query string parameters and uses fb.flashObject (or swfobject if you prefer) to create the flash object/embed. The altContent argument to fb.flashObject could take care of the custom message for non-flash devices.

See the API Reference for details about the fb.flashObject function, and the 'Local: flowplayer flv' example on the Multimedia tab of the demo page for an iframe that reads query string parameters. The example uses flowplayer to show a movie, but is readily adapted using fb.flashObject to show a generic flash item.
ok, I'll bite the bullet… so much easier when you can jus throw the asset at floatbox and let it figure out what plugin to use etc.… oh well.

Page: 1