http://www.t666.com/american-blue-nose-pitbull

when the text link half way down the page is pressed:
How to be a Pack Leader, Rules Boundaries and Limitations ‘The Dog Whisperer’

all the embedded youtube videos on the page disappear
and they do not return when the float box is closed

is their a command to stop this from happening. thanks,
david d
Administrator
You're seeing the hideObjects option in action.
Here's the blurb from the Options Reference:
hideObjects - true | false
If true, objects and embeds (flash, quicktime, silverlight, etc.) on the host page will be hidden while a floatbox is being displayed. This is generally a good idea as most objects will appear on top of the floatbox display if not hidden. Flash objects using the default wmode of 'window' have this problem (feature?). If you set your flash objects to have a wmode of 'opaque' or 'transparent' they will not appear over top of the other content and you won't need to enable hideObjects.

This option also hides the iframe-based youtube embeds such as the ones on your page because more often than not those embeds will be using flash too.

It is only in IE that those videos are failing to unhide when the floatbox closes. I've got this problem replicated on a test page and will sort it out for the next Floatbox release. It has something to do with IE returning a reference to the iframe's window object when all other browsers return a reference to the iframe element itself.

Fortunately, we can pass flash parameters into youtube's iframe embed using the URI's query string. I would suggest that you set hideObjects to false and use embed paths with wmode set, like the following:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cmNtI6oLXSQ?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" width="400" height="260"></iframe>
cool man this solution worked!
i was experiencing this issue in opera 12.02
thanks, david d

Page: 1