Problem with loading other languages

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi Support, hi community,

i've tested my new website and the floatbox settings (fb 5.34 installation with language: "auto").

My german webbrowser shows all texts and hints only in english.
The Google Chrome with browser language=spain or french shows only english texts.

If there a problem with the languages in the actual version of the floatbox (5.34) ?

Can someone test my page/floatbox and give me an feedback:
http://www.fotodesign-fm.de/3-0-Was-ist-machbar.html

Thanks
iceman
Administrator
Unfortunately, there is no way to detect what language a visitor may have configured his browser to use. Javascript can only detect the localization of the browser software itself.

That is, a German user would need to have downloaded and installed the browser build that was localized to the German language. Many non-English folks install and use an English-localized browser. With a language setting of 'auto', those folks will get English language strings.

The 'auto' language setting can detect only the language localization of the browser build, not the language preferences configured by the user.
OK, but i have tested it with language: 'de' -> that shows english texts on all my browsers.

Please check again - i have uploaded the changed config file.
Administrator
You've mixed files in from different versions of Floatbox. The main floatbox.js file is version 5.3.4 but the files in the languages folder are from a significantly older version of Floatbox.

When upgrading to a new Floatbox version, you need to bring in all the files from the zip folder. Anything can change between versions including the graphics, the css, the modules, and as seen in this case, the language files.
Ohh, thanks.
It works.

Page: 1