ProgressBar in floatbox

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

i want to display ProgressBar as "gif" image in floatbox popup window for a span of 5-10 seconds before loading the page details in popup window.
Is there any feature in Floatbox
Please let me know how to do it.
Regards,
Jogesh
Administrator
This would be content inside the floatbox and it would be your job to provide that content. Can you build a page that shows whatever image you want to show for however long you want to show, and then displays your subsequent content when ready? If so, build that and point Floatbox to that page as its content source. It will load the page as an iframe and display it in the same manner that the browser will display it outside of a floatbox.

There are some API functions in the Floatbox toolkit that may be able to assist in the change-over between the gif display and the content display. Check out the API Reference for details. Functions that might help are fb.resize, fb.reload and fb.start when used in conjunction with the 'sameBox' option.

I hope this points you in the right direction.
Hi,

Thank you for the Reply. Can you please provide an example using floatbox for this.
Administrator
No, sorry, I cannot. This is content that you want to show in a floatbox. It's up to you to create that content. The Floatbox library does not provide any such services in its capabilities.

I would suggest you build the page with the behaviour and appearance you want with Floatbox nowhere in the picture - just a small standalone page. Leaving Floatbox out of the equation at this point simplifies things. When the page is ready and complete, then show it in a floatbox.
Thank you for the reply,
Actually my problem is i am displaying .aspx page using Asp.net in popup using floatbox.
so when I click anchor tag on parent page, floatbox popup is been displayed.

popup is showing blank white screen for 10 sec and displaying the results.
Is there any timer in floatbox which can reduce time to 2sec.

I checked with the page postbacks and database performance, which are good.
so please suggest is there any setting in floatbox to reduce the time from 10sec to 2sec.
Administrator
The delay is the time it is taking for the page to download across the network. It is the same amount of time the page would take to load in the browser outside of a floatbox.

It sounds like you need to optimize the fetched page to reduce its size and loading time. Perhaps you can preload significant portions of it into the client's browser cache.

Floatbox should be showing a small box with a spinning "loading..." gif in it if the document takes more than 1 second to load. If this is not happening, it might be a bug that needs fixing.

Is it possible for me to see the problematic page online somewhere? I would like to be able to see and investigate the actual occurrence rather than speculate based on verbal descriptions.

Thanks...

Page: 1