Internet Explorer goes to background on fb.end('self')

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,

I call parent.fb.end('self') from within a HTML page loaded inside a floatbox. This works seamlessly f.e. on firefox. On Internet Explorer it closes the floatbox but then IE goes into the background where the hosting page is reloaded as intended. Is this a known behaviour?

To see this go to http://www.leihinstrumente.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/
click on "payment options" in the left pane. Floatbox should open now. At the bottom of the page click on "international shipping calculator" and on that page click on "initialise country to display costs directly in the shop". Floatbox should close and the hosting page should reload.

Perhaps you need to try several times and/or bring some other program to the foreground in between before IE goes into the background in this last step.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

best regards
Erik Krause
Administrator
fb.end() is not being run anywhere when the form is submitted, and so cannot be responsible for the IE application moving to the background. That button is a submit button for the form. The onsubmit event handler for that form runs "window.blur()". Perhaps it is this that is moving IE to the background? I can find no call to fb.end() either in the form page nor in the main page under it.

Re-thinking this, perhaps you are returning script with fb.end in it in response to the submit action and that's why I can't see it being called anywhere from the page. If this is the case, then it is certainly not fb.end that is placing the IE window in the background. The IE window jumps to the background immediately when the submit button is clicked. There is no delay while the form is submitted, the response returned, and then processed. The IE window goes to the background before the submit occurs, so it seems highly likely that the window.blur call is doing that.
« Last edit by admin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 am. »
You are absolutely right. Yes, I call fb.end in the response to the submit. Many thanks for the hint and sorry for the hassle.

The window.blur was meant to bring the calling window to the foreground immediately if the page was opened as a regular popup. Perhaps it's better to use opener.focus() instead.

Page: 1