afterItemStart: A diamond in the rough

Page: 1

Author Post
I just recently discovered how powerful the afterItemStart event callback can be. May I request that the Event Callbacks documention be beefed up a bit?:
http://floatboxjs.com/api#callbacks

Perhaps a common use example of each of the callbacks because I'm sure others are confused between afterBoxStart and afterItemStart, etc..

Thank you. :D
Administrator
Oh man! More documentation - my favourite activity.... :shock: :'( :?

I agree the callbacks can be very useful in building smart applications in a Floatbox context. In fact, I think the entire API interface and bundled library functions differentiate Floatbox from the pack of "lightbox clones" and make it a robust and powerful presentation interface tool for interactive web pages.

I suppose you're right that a little expansion on when these callbacks might be used is in order and I'll probably do that in the next release (which is coming Real Soon Now). Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure I can give much in the way of examples however. What the callbacks (and indeed the entire API) could be used for is very much project-specific. I think I have to leave it up to the technically-savvy Floatbox users to determine how the API might benefit their particular application.

Page: 1