Funny tooltips on Safari 6.0 (Mountain Lion)

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello Byron,

I just installed Mountain Lion and noticed some weird behavior on positioning the tooltips. Mountain Lion came with the new release of Safari (6.0). Most probably this has more to do with Safari than with Mountain Lion, but unfortunately I don't have any other system to test it on.

If you happen to have a Mac, you can test it on your own demo section. The tooltips get confused the moment you scroll a page. After a scroll, the position doesn't seem to consider the scrolled values and goes nuts...

Please let me know if you need some screen captures.

Cheers and thanks again for the best windowing tool out there.
Administrator
This sounds like a bug in the new Safari release, specifically in one or more of the properties that capture page scroll position. As such, I wouldn't be surprised to see it fixed soon in a Safari maintenance update.

Nonetheless, I'd love to get the details of where it's going wrong. Would it be too much to ask you to access a test page and email the results to me? If you're game, I've got a small page that reports various measurements at http://floatboxjs.com/tests/scrollPos.

It would be helpful if you could scroll the page vertically only and click the button to capture, cut and paste the measurements and then add in some horizontal scroll and repeat the click. When you click the button, please do the mouseover and clicking twice before capturing the results so that the table position and layout is stable at the time of measurement.

I'll send you my direct email address in a private message, but if you don't want to invest the time doing this, that's perfectly understandable and no problem.

Cheers...
Administrator
Thanks for running the tests. All measurement functions and properties are working fine, the misplacement of the tooltips is inconsistent (they are positioned correctly most of the time but occasionally appear in the wrong spot on a scrolled page), and the problem occurs only in one "dot zero" release of one browser. I don't think there's anything that can be done on our end except wait until the next Safari update and see if the problem persists there. If it does, I'll work harder on this problem at that time.
Byron,

Thank you once again for your prompt reply. That is just fine. I will keep my fingers cross until the next release of Safari 8)

Page: 1