ie back/forward nav in iframe

Page: 1

Author Post
yibbet
Hi there,

I've got a strange problem with internet explorer when viewing a floatbox iframe containing an external website. I looked at your "google news" example and the problem isn't there, so it's to do with my setup.

when I navigate around the site within the iframe, if i click the browser's back button it opens a blank white page. This doesn't happen in firefox or opera, though it does happen in ie8 and safari (windows platform).

The only thing I can think of that may be causing this is the fact that the parent page contains a flash movie that uses swfaddress for back/forward browser compatibility and direct linking. If that's the case, I'm stuck. If anyone has any ideas of what else it may be I'd love to hear them!

page is here: http://www.morozo.co.uk

Click on the menu item "links" or "client area" to see the problem.
yibbet
Another observation, it only happens if I use the mouse thumb buttons- if I use the keyboard (alt+left/right) or the browser buttons it works fine- wierd!
yibbet
update- tried it on a site with no other javascript with the same results. Seems it's an issue with the flash/javascript communication.
Administrator
The fact that it only happens with the mouse thumb buttons really suggests to me that it's being handled by the swfaddress component you mentioned. The way to tell or course would be to remove that component from the page and check the behaviour.
yibbet
I tried it on a really simple flash file with no swfaddress and the same thing happened. I tried using other flavours of lightbox too, same thing. I reckon it must be an issue with the flashjavascriptgateway. Just realised- there's a typo on the url in my 1st post- should be http://www.morozzo.co.uk :roll:
« Last edit by Unknown on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:56 am. »
yibbet
Yeehaa! Figured it out. As usual, it was a stupid little issue. I was using flashjavascriptgateway to do the flash to javascript communication because i couldn't get flash.external.ExternalInterface to work. All I needed to do was declare swliveconnect "true" in my html page's flash params and remove all the flashjavascriptgateway code. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Page: 1