Problem with verbose captions

Page: 1

Author Post
I tell my users their galleries are not intended to be novels with some photos to accompany their deathless prose, but sometimes they do load up their captions, and Floatbox chokes on it.

The first image in this little gallery is a case in point: https://misterneutron.com/FBlongcaptions

On a big desktop monitor, no problem. On a typical 1024x768 laptop, however, the image disappears off-screen entirely. Ditto for a smartphone.

The results on an iPad are a bit stranger. I don't have one, but using the Chrome developer's toolbar, I can see what it looks like, and an actual iPad user has confirmed the result. If the iPad is held in portrait mode, the display is OK, though if the text is long enough, it's not all displayed. But in landscape mode, the image disappears.

At the moment, I'm not sure what I would want the script to do with this kind of prose overload, but having the image disappear completely, along with the navigation, is certainly not optimal!

ETA: On an iPad in portrait mode, in some galleries the caption for one image is even being displayed on other images. I'll post back when I can put together a demo of that effect.
« Last edit by Jeff Tucker on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:38 pm. »
Ignore my last remark, about caption text bleeding from one image to another. It turns out that I'm dealing with a user who is notoriously bad at doing controlled tests, and he's added the same caption text to two different images.

The basic problem remains, however.
Administrator
get version 8.3.2

It was a simple one line flub.

Is this it then? Is this the holy grail that I've been seeking? Is this the last bug and the last update?
admin wrote
get version 8.3.2

It was a simple one line flub.

Yes, that's much better. There's still no way to get 5 lbs of sausage into a 3 lb bag, but anyone who's putting that much text in a caption deserves what he gets. At least the photo is still visible, and navigation is possible.

Is this it then? Is this the holy grail that I've been seeking? Is this the last bug and the last update?

Oh, sure. I think you're probably old enough to know better. ;)

Page: 1