fbCycler issue in Version 8+

Page: 1

Author Post
On one of my sites I just upgraded from 7.3.3 to 8.2.6. I have an fbCycler that cycles 32 images (150px x 200px and 200px x 150px) within a 200px x 200px box. This works fine in 7.3.3, but with 8.2.6 floatbox seems to get into a bit of a sizing muddle and overflows the box! I can't describe it any better than that, so here are example pages that show each version:-

Version 7.3.3
Version 8.2.6

On 8.2.6 things go wrong at the sixth transition and then later in the cycle. I've cleared cache, tested with IE, Chrome and Firefox (all desktop).

Could you please take a look?
Administrator
I will take a look and see if there's something simple that can be done to 'fix' those transitions.

I put 'fix' in quotes because the cyclers were never designed with mixed sizes of images in mind. They cross-fade into each other and that effect only makes sense with same-sized images. What you're seeing as broken is simply the portrait image's width expanding to match the landscape image width in prep for the swap-over.

I'll report back with an update if I get something that handles mixed-size transitions more in the style of version 7.

Oh, and thanks for the simple and clear online examples of the issue.
Thanks Byron - once again, the speed with which you respond is extraordinary :D

As I'm attempting to do something that Version 8 doesn't really cater for, there's no need for you to spend any time on this for my benefit! It's no big issue for me to put borders around the images, so that they're the same size and transition smoothly. I thought I'd let you know just in case I'd unearthed a bug :)
Administrator
If you don't mind padding those images out so they're all the same size, that would certainly be the quickest and surest remedy. I'll still look into whether something can be done in the code because I'm sure you're not the only person on the planet to mix image sizes in a cycler set.
I padded the images so that they're now all centered on a 200 x 200 canvas - it all looks good in 8.2.6 - the zoom made things appear a little weird, so I've disabled it!

8.2.6 with 200 x 200 images - clear cache before viewing!

I've removed the example pages from my original post.

Many thanks.

Page: 1