Uncaught TypeError: t.X is not a function

Page: 1

Author Post
While troubleshooting another problem, I noticed the following error is displayed on the developer tools console.

Uncaught TypeError: t.X is not a function
at VM127 floatbox.js:17
at n (VM127 floatbox.js:15)
at s (VM127 floatbox.js:13)
at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> (VM127 floatbox.js:13)

Any idea what is causing this?

Web page is https://www.pickleball-huntsville.com/
Administrator
No, sorry, I don't know what that is. It appears to be peculiar to your instance as I can't replicate it using that version (7.5.0) on other sites.

I won't look into a too deeply as it is only the latest Floatbox version that can receive updates and fixes. Updating to the latest/greatest Floatbox would be the quickest and surest way to leave the error behind.

If you do grab the new version 8.1.0 from https://floatboxjs.com/download, be sure to read the README.txt file in the zip file for deployment notes about this new open-source, keyless release.

I'll do my best to resolve any errors that occur under the current release.

Cheers...
Thanks - I upgraded to version 810 and I no longer see the errors. However, some functions initially no longer functioned properly.

I found I was loading floatbox.css and floatbox.js twice. When the site was first designed, I used floatbox on just a couple of pages so I included it in the individual php file but after I started using it on more pages I placed it in an include file common to all pages. I had failed to remove it from the individual php file. I removed the duplicate and all is well. Loading it twice in version 750 worked OK.

I didn't find any mention of a keyless release in the README.txt file. Does that mean I no longer need to include my keys in the fbOptions.js file.

Do I need to purchase a new license if I use floatbox on a new domain?
Administrator
The new Floatbox is keyless, free, and released as open-source software under the MIT license.

Page: 1