Context Box

Page: 1

Author Post
I am using Floatbox 7.3.2 and just in the process of doing a major upgrade on my site. One of the important changes is to make it more friendly to touch screens so I'm intending to replace fbTooltips with fbContext. (I assume that's the right thing to do, floatboxwise?)

It's sort-of working but I can't get the placement where I want it. Even though I specify placement:left (copied from my old fbTooltip), the box is appearing bottom-right of the click position. Is there a different way to position a context box?

Secondly, the cursor changes to the arrow-and-question-mark. I can't find a way to specify the cursor in fbOptions so I am having to do it in the CSS, which is less satisfactory.
Administrator
Don't be too quick in giving up the fbTooltips. They are actually quite well behaved on touch devices. Instead of looking for mouseover on mice-less devices, they'll open in response to a touch on the host element, and close on the next document touch. In other words, they work kind of like the context boxes on touch screens.

The context boxes might not be so useful anymore. They are meant to mimic right-click context menus that are native to browsers and operating systems, but they're inconsistent because right-click processing and handling is not standardized across browsers.

If you're messing around with changes on your site at this time, consider adding 5 minutes to your work load and updating your 7.3.2 to the new and shiny 7.5.1. There's always worthwhile updates in new releases, and in this case there are improvements to the touch behaviour of fbTooltips - exactly relevant to your current adventures.
That's brilliant! I've upgraded to 7.5.1 and restored the tooltips. It's all looking great.

I didn't expect the tooltips to work so well with touch. You should be shouting that from the rooftops. (Apologies if it's there and I haven't noticed it.)

Page: 1