Link tooltip to expander?

Page: 1

Author Post
A little test album that displays image EXIF info when you mouseover the camera icon in the footer:

This works fine on a desktop - the tooltip vanishes upon mouseout. On a mobile, of course, the behavior is a bit different - the tooltip remains open until you tap its content (BTW, it would be nice if tapping the icon itself also served to close the tooltip). But it's possible to hit "Next" or swipe, and move to the next image in the gallery without closing the tooltip first. If you do, the tooltip remains open.

I could put an autoEnd on the tooltip, so that it simply times out after a few seconds. But is there a more direct way to force the tooltip to close when a new expander is opened?
« Last edit by admin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm. »
Administrator
Thanks for catching and reporting this. The tooltips were designed and tested for attachment to elements on the host page where they behave nicely. The next Floatbox update should be ready in about a week or so and the tooltip touch behaviour will be improved for this new circumstance of attaching tooltips to floatbox components (where they have to play nicely with the other touch and click handlers attached to the box).
Excellent! Many thanks. :)
Administrator
Version 7.5.1 is now available on the downloads page. A little late, but hopefully useful nonetheless.

The tooltips using touch within an open floatbox is addressed, as are some improvements you were inquiring about for the video player and posters and zoom sources. Also, version 7.5.1 can't throw any license nag screens up from the video player iframe.
Working nicely. :)

(Me demo page is now a 404, so you might want to edit it out of my post.)

Page: 1