preserve content in iframe

Page: 1

Author Post
yibbet
Hi there,

I've just discovered the script and am very impressed. It is really easy to configure and works very well.

I'm wondering if there is a way (or plans for a way) to preserve content in iframes that load external websites? I have a client area on my site that uses a floatbox to access it. It would be cool if a user could close it and then open it to the same page they had navigated to previously.

I know of another lightbox clone that can achieve this but I found it very hard to work with and not very cross browser friendly.

Maybe it's a daft idea? Thoughts anyone? :)
yibbet
Sorry for the double post.

Just a thought- maybe there could be an option for a minimise button so that when the original link is clicked after closing, it would have the desired effect?
Administrator
This isn't something floatbox can do, nor would I try to bake it in.

A requirement like this strikes me as behaviour that should be coded in to the page requiring it. The general strategy would be to update the href attribute of the anchor that launched floatbox and run fb.tagAnchors(... as per the docs to pick up the change.

This would be easy to do with the next version of floatbox. It brings the ability to run user defined code on specific events - like floatbox exit - to the table. With the current version, you're on your own to try to figure out how to do that base page update.
yibbet
cheers for that, think I'll wait for the next release. I've no idea how I would go about changing the base page to update the anchor href attributes on the fly. That sounds like alchemy to me! :)

Page: 1