Thumbnails within a Floatbox

Page: 1

Author Post
Is it possible to get a slider of thumbnails within a Floatbox? I'm thinking of something like "Index Links for navigation within the open gallery" but with thumbnails instead of numbered links.
Administrator
This can be done, but you'd have to build it and code it up yourself. It's not native Floatbox functionality.

The approach would be to build your own thumbnail strip right on the main page. Use the Floatbox API to synchronize the strip and Floatbox: fb.showItem to navigate the Floatbox to a corresponding image when a thumb was tapped, and afterItemStart to synchronize the thumb strip with the currently showing gallery image.

When the thumbnail strip, or slider, is working as desired, it can be hidden on the main page (css display:none) and then referenced as the footer to attach just below the floatbox. It could also be attached as header, caption, or caption2, but footer will probably be the first choice.
Thanks, admin. I'll bear that in mind but it looks like that would be a task somewhat beyond my coding abilities. I have found a jquery script called elastislide which I think is a thumbnail strip. I may look to see if that could be integrated with Floatbox.

Page: 1