loadPageOnClose:'back'

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,
the following code worked well till release 6.1.
I've upgraded to 7.3.1 and the slideshow return back to the previous page correctly thanks to loadPageOnClose:'back', but it dosn't work if I use "Next" or "Previous" navigation buttons before closing the slideshow with the "Close" button or the "Escape" key.
Any idea?
Thanks
Fabrizio

<A id="starta" HREF="/gps/HTML/Terz Alpe_files/DSC_6494.jpg" class="nofloatbox" data-fb-options="padding:15,boxCornerRadius:0, colorTheme:'black', modal:true, strongControls:true, autoFit:true, inFrameResize:true, overlayOpacity: 0.5, navType:button, shadowSize:8, doSlideshow:true, startPaused: false, slideInterval:3, type:image, afterSlideshow:'loop', doSlideshow:true, group: 'fotogps', afterBoxEnd:fb.end(), loadPageOnClose:'back'" title="TerzAlpe"></A>
<A HREF="/gps/HTML/Terz Alpe_files/DSC_6499.jpg" class="floatbox" data-fb-options="group: 'fotogps'" title="TerzAlpe"></A>
<A HREF="/gps/HTML/Terz Alpe_files/DSC_6502.jpg" class="floatbox" data-fb-options="group: 'fotogps'" title="TerzAlpe"></A>
<script TYPE="text/javascript" LANGUAGE="javascript">
fb.start(starta);
</SCRIPT>
Sorry,
I did some more tests and it seems loadPageOnClose:'back' works well in a random way... it is the worst situation
:'(
Administrator
You're welcome to link me into a live page that exhibits the problem and I'll take a look.

This sounds like a similar setup to the 'APOD slideshow' example on the Options tab of this site's demo page. I've not seen any problems in the operation of that example.

There has been no changes to the way loadPageOnClose is implemented between versions 6 and 7.
Hello,
here is the life example.
There are two pages:
the first http://www.zainoinspalla.it/altro/fbtest1.asp simply call the second one http://www.zainoinspalla.it/altro/fbtest2.asp, which contains the slideshow.
When the user close the slideshow, the http://www.zainoinspalla.it/altro/fbtest1.asp page should be reloaded
Please check it and let me know
Thanks
Fabrizio
Administrator
Thanks for the example.

I'm very suspicious of "afterBoxEnd:fb.end()" in the options. I've no idea what behaviour is intended with that - after the box ends there is no box for fb.end() to end. I suspect that odd request may be interfering with the "loadPageOnClose:back" request. Please remove afterBoxEnd and see if the problem goes away.
I've removed the afterBoxEnd:fb.end(), but the problem is still there
Administrator
Yup, it's a Floatbox bug. The 'loadPageOnClose' request was looked for only in the options for the currently showing gallery set member. It needs to look both there and in the options that were used to open the floatbox, as version 6 did.

You're timing is impeccable. I'm just in the process of packaging and posting the new release 7.3.2. The fix for this problem has been incorporated into this new version. Upgrading will fix your issue.
Thanks

Page: 1