Floatbox disappears in Chrome

Page: 1

Author Post
I just uploaded a preliminary version of my website using Floatbox for images. When I use the site locally, everything works fine. But on the web, it works fine except in Google Chrome. The floatbox window will pop open and you can see it, but when it's full size, it disappears. The webpage stays darkened like the floatbox is there, but it's not. It works fine in IE and Mozilla. Please take a look at my site and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

www.depressionscrip.com

Only the white background pages are updated with floatbox. Any pages with the black background are still using the old html without floatbox.
Administrator
Can you please give me a hint as to what page I should visit and what link I should click on to see the problem in action.

Thanks...
Sure... just go to "Rare and Unusual Scrip" from the menu on the left side. Then any picture on that page has floatbox setup for it. In Chrome, they pop open, then the floatbox disappears.
Administrator
They're all working fine for me in Chrome. Is this just a case of needing to flush your Chrome browser cache to pick up recent changes made to the page? Or, are you using some sort of ad blocker and the problem goes away when the ad blocker is disabled?
I can't believe I didn't think of that.... This laptop is heavily setup to block ads with both software and modified windows host file. Changed the ad software to never block ads on my site and now it works. What a bonehead move.... :roll: Thanks for the help.
Administrator
I've seen one or two other cases where an ad blocker was completely shutting down all Floatbox operations on the site. In particular, a "fanboy" list added to Ad Blocker Plus contains the rather naive and sledge-hammer-like entry of "#fbBox", which instructs the blocker to discard every element on every page that carries an id of "fbBox". I think "fanboy" came across a facebook component he didn't like somewhere that carried that id, and took the lazy man's approach of killing a few thousand other web elements to block that one. Floatbox components are hit by the fallout because the main Floatbox component carries that id.

I did see somewhere that either ABP or "fanboy" has a channel for reporting false positives, but the same notice said there was little chance that the report would be read, let alone acted upon. All in all, pretty much the level of maturity and professionalism one might expect from someone using that name.

Page: 1