parent page refresh

Page: 1

Author Post
I'm noticing since I just switched to the new version 6 from 4 this week that my parent page refreshes after the floatbox opens on the page. It even happens on your demo pages. Is there a setting or something I am missing? The way I found this is after a floatbox opens I closed it and then hit the back button it stays on the same page and then I have to hit back again to actually go back.
Administrator
Sorry, but I don't understand this. The parent page doesn't refresh when a floatbox opens. If it did, the floatbox would disappear as it is a dynamically created component of the parent page. Can you link me to an online example that shows the behaviour you are concerned about, and tell me in detail what to click and what to look for.

Thanks...
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Here is a link to a page.
http://www.compsource.com/pn/7GMCP/Dell-2537/Optiplex-9020-Desktop-Computer/

I have been testing it and it seems my problem is only happening in google chrome browser. The other browsers are fine. In the above link if you click on the "click for availabilty" the floatbox appears but in the tab above the browser it seems to look like it refreshes. If you look at the symbol in the tab and open the floatbox and you should see what I'm talking about i hope. Now once you hit back in the browser it stays on the page and then you have to hit it again to go back. In version 4 I did not have this problem.

I hope this explains it for you if not let me know. It actually does the same thing for the demos on this site in chrome browser.

thanks
Administrator
Oh, you mean the little whirly thing that Chrome shows on the browser tab when it is in the process of fetching stuff from the network. That doesn't indicate a page refresh, and the page is not refreshing. In the case of showing your iframe content in a floatbox, the whirly thing just indicates that the content is being fetched on demand.
Yes I noticed that but after you closes the floatbox try to hit the back button it keeps you on the same page. But if you hit it a second time it will take you back a page. All the other browsers work correctly but for some reason chrome has a problem. Ok try this again go to the your demo link page then click on the html tab and click on the first link. It pops up and then go ahead and close. Now try your back button once then twice. Does it go back after the first time or the second. Also you can look at the history and see that chrome is adding the page twice for whatever reason. I hope you can see this or it's just me :)
Administrator
Yes, but the Chrome browser history behaviour is under control of the browser, not of the Floatbox library. When iframes are present on a page, navigation within the iframe creates a new history entry marked with the title of the base page, but that returns the iframe to its previous content when taken. Chrome appears to take the dynamic creation and loading of an iframe as a navigation within the iframe, but doesn't have any prior state to return the iframe to when the back button is taken.

If you want this behaviour changed, you would need to open a bug report or enhancement request in the Chrome developer channels.
thanks very much for your time. I had a feeling it was something like that.

Page: 1