Extra floatbox window

Page: 1

Author Post
I have a large floatbox webpage that works great except in one area. In that area the main problem is that each group is showing an extra empty window, and I can't figure out where they are coming from. There is one other thing that I noticed that may just be the way that floatbox works. Some windows, if I resize the browser window, the windows will resize, and other windows they don't resize. I don't consider this a problem for my project, but I am curious about it. I suppose that after enough windows are open it gets to be not worth resizing everything below,as it tends to be after maybe 3 levels that it happens.

To start the webpage go to capcamps.jlaweb.com/NCCCStart.html, scroll down and click on 'Explore Facility Repairs and Renovations." A window will open, and then click in any of the red outlined areas except the one labeled 'Exterior Repairs' and you will see a blank one line window open, with prev||next which will take you to the slides that are supposed to be there. The area labeled 'Exterior Repairs' is a single slide and does not open the extra window, so it has something to do with groups.

The code is actually in a file called CapCamps.jlaweb.com/NCCCWork.html and the section of interest is at the end of the file - above some commented out stuff, starting after line 1194 and a comment that says "Start Construction".

I tried to work around it by using numIndexLinks: to limit the slides and then using order to skip the blank slide, but it didn't work - I still got the blank slide and one mores slide than I was supposed to get.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Anne
Administrator
The blank gallery item is present because it has been requested in the html. The area link requests #CourtyardStart. Since the div with that id has no displayable content, nothing is displayed in the floatbox when it is shown.
If you don't want this link to empty content to be shown in the gallery, place showThis:false directly in its data-fb-options attribute.

Floatbox will not show images at greater than their native size. I suspect that the images that don't expand when you resize your browser window are already displayed at their full size.
Thanks for the assistance - always more to learn.

On the windows not changing size, its that they aren't shrinking, not that they aren't growing. I tested that because I was thinking about tablets which are nearly always smaller then my computer screen. Ideally they should shrink so that the tablet user doesn't have to scroll to see the whole image. You can see what is happening in the same area that the blank windows were coming up.

thanks
Anne
Administrator
I wouldn't worry about image auto-fitting for tablets and phones. That's reliable and will work fine. You can see this in your desktop browser by sizing your browser small before opening the image. The autoFit option and code is independent of the centerOnResize option and code. You're concern is with the former but you've been testing the latter.

I'll do some checking on centerOnResize to make sure it works on more than just the first opened floatbox. If there's a problem, it will be resolved in the next release.

Page: 1