Prev/Next buttons at the bottom-center

Page: 1

Author Post
joel
I would like to split up the Control Panel so that I can position the Prev/Next buttons together at the bottom-center (bc) and separately position the Close X button at the bottom-right (br). I'm only using the three nav buttons plus image x of y. There are no titles or captions.

If this isn't possible (or is too hard to code), is there a way to position the Control Panel (Prev/Next buttons & Close X button) at the bottom-center if there's nothing else at the bottom of the floatbox frame (no Info Panel)?

Thank you. (I can muddle through html with a little css, but this is beyond me.)
Administrator
Hi Joel,
This turns out to be not too difficult to do with a one-line hack (or should I say patch) in the floatbox.js code.

In the calcSize function, find...
boxW = mainW + 2*(this.innerBorder + this.padding);
boxH = mainH + 2*this.innerBorder + this.upperSpace + this.lowerSpace;

Immediately below those two lines, insert this line...
this.fbControls.style.width = (mainW/2 + this.innerBorder + this.fbPrev.offsetWidth) + 'px';

As an aside, I was unable to provide an option for positioning the controls in the center because I had to float the controls either left or right to get them to layout reliably in all browsers.
joel
Thank you and thank you for your amazingly prompt reply. This is exactly what I need to make your excellent floatbox perfect for my application. :D

Page: 1