Eval in rev part = 100% CPU

Page: 1

Author Post
kimstahnke
First of all, a VERY big thank you for this wonderful control which I just discovered a day before I knew I had to use it in my project.

I have a couple of problems and will put them into separate subjects.
The first, odd one, is that if I put the line containing Eval...into the rev section below my computer grinds to a complete halt and all resources are used by VWDExpress for an infinite time. Even if I do not do anything else but put the line into the code.
Can anyone explain this?

<a href='<%# Eval("LiveFileName") %>'
rev="theme:black
outerBorder=0
innerBorder=1
padding:100
panelPadding:0
overlayOpacity:100
showCaption:true
Caption:'<%# Eval("WorkText") %>'
autoSizeOther:false
resizeOther:true
controlPanelY:top">....

Thank you,
Kim
Administrator
I can't help you with the asp.net server side behaviour, but I can point out that:
a) Options are case sensitive and it should be "caption", not "Caption"
b) The caption string should be surrounded by back-quotes (`), not single-quotes (')
c) There is no controlPanelY option. Perhaps you mean something like controlPos:tr

Won't help your cpu though...
kimstahnke
Thank you for your fast answer.
re. a) I think that the Eval problem is due to VWD Express doing realtime code-checking and that the line somehow triggers something in this check.
But after changing Caption into caption the problem went away. Hmmm..

re. b) I will use back quotes from now on.

re. c) The controlPanelY is actually just a cut from one of the Demo samples, (Odds 'n' Ends) and I had not given it the attention is deserved.

Thanks again,
Kim
Administrator
re. c) Thanks for catching that. I've cleaned up the demo sample. (It was a holdover from when I was testing different strategies for positioning stuff in the floatbox border/frame.)

Page: 1