showing swf fails

Page: 1

Author Post
husse
When I try to link floatbox direct to a .swf file the floatbox opens the window and says "Flash player is required to view this content.
download player"
but when I use a link to a .html file containing the swf-file it shows like it should... how come, and is there any way to fix this?

This works:
<a href="/galleri/glasfusing/index.php" rel="floatbox" title="test-tooltip" rev="caption:`test-caption`">Glasfusing test 3</a>

This DOES NOT work:
<a href="/galleri/glasfusing/gallery.swf" rel="floatbox" title="test-tooltip" rev="caption:`test-caption`">Glasfusing</a>

This pops up floatbox but no content is shown:
<a href="/galleri/glasfusing/gallery.swf?wmode=window&bgcolor=#ffffff&scale=default" rel="floatbox.group" title="test-tooltip" rev="caption:`test-caption`">Glasfusing nr2</a>

The one that works leads to a php-file containing this:
<object id="flashmovie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="gallery.swf" width="100%" height="100%">
<param name="movie" value="gallery.swf" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="<? if(isset($_GET['image'])) echo "topimage=".$_GET['image'] ?>" />
</object>
Administrator
I don't have a satisfactory answer for you. The download message you are getting is alternate content for the flash object that floatbox sets up. For some reason, that flash object is not firing so the alt content is. How about from different browsers or different machines? Same behaviour? Perhaps de-installing and re-installing the flash player will bring it to life. If not, I suppose you are limited to loading the flash through the php file.
husse
Yes, forgot to say in IE it doesn't show anything except on the php-file, it keeps loading.

I've tried reinstalling flash for Firefox but not IE, seems there where different installs. I also tried 2 different machines, same result.

Can it have something to do with size? If I write a link straight to the swf-file it loads in both IE and Firefox.. so it's clearly floatbox-related.

It's no biggie in showing the php-file, would just be fun to know why it fails and have it work properly.
« Last edit by Unknown on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:26 am. »
husse
Or can it be that the whole page is now in /alpha/test08/*page folder*
can it be that floatbox only works correct for swf if it's in the root folder?
Your swf-objects on your example-page works perfect in my browsers.
Administrator
I'm not content to just leave this as is, but I'm not in a position to work on it until February either (travelling).

The path shouldn't be an issue - root folder not required.

In my testing when I was building the flash config routine I did find some flash that would play ok from an html page but not from floatbox when the identical object code was added to the page dynamically. I thought I got that ironed out, but it's possible there are still some problematic flash files.

It would be interesting to try substituting a different, unrelated, flash file and changing nothing else to see how that behaves.

In February I may contact you to get a copy of your troublesome flash file and conduct some experiments on it.
husse
you are much welcome to do that :)

Happy travelling (just read you are on a long journey)

Page: 1