opera iframe

Page: 1

Author Post
lukio
i'm using last opera 9.62 on windows vista, i have problem withf floatbox and iframe - if i have another iframe on page (i have google map in iframe on page), than in opera does not work floatbox iframe, instead floatbox the iframe is open like normal page...thanks for solution
Administrator
I have Opera 9.62 on a virtual Vista test machine. It loads and runs floatbox content just fine from pages that include iframe elements. Does your browser work on the iframe demo page?

So I can't guess why your page is giving you grief. If it's online somewhere, I could take a look and see if I can locate the trouble.
lukio
demo page works fine
here is the error page...
http://www.foldina.cz/test/
Administrator
Thanks for the link. I've found the problem.

It occurs only when the iframe src is from a different domain. Opera is either more strict about cross-domain scripting than all other browsers, or it has a buggy implementation, depending on your perspective.

In Opera, on a page with cross domain iframes, the floatbox code is halted when it tries to hide flash objects or java applets. The workaround is to set the floatbox options hideFlash and hideJava to false.

The permanent fix is a code change in floatbox.js of wrapping the line that iterates through the frames with try/catch.
if (typeof frames[i].window === 'object') this.hideElements(type, frames[i].window);
becomes
try {
if (typeof frames[i].window === 'object') this.hideElements(type, frames[i].window);
} catch(e) {}
lukio
thanks a lot...great work :)

Page: 1