I'm sure this is a dumb question, but...

Page: 1

Author Post
HarliquinGirl
Ok. So I'm fairly new to HTML and I'm having the darndest time changing something simple in the Floatbox code.

How in the hell do I change the font size on the hyperlink that gets displayed on the page???

I know it's simple. I can make it bold, I can make it italic. I just can't make it any bigger or change the font. Sorry to ask such a simple question, but it's truly driving me crazy.

Thank you for the help! :mrgreen:
Administrator
Well, this isn't a floatbox question, but since you said "hell" and used 3 question marks, I'll take a crack at it.
I believe what you are looking for is the css property font-size.
HarliquinGirl
Apologies for using a 'bad word'. I was frustrated.

I thought it would be a floatbox question, because I'm trying to change it in the link that goes to the floatbox, and I don't know where to change it. In the style sheet, or just in the basic code.

Thanks for the help.
Administrator
Oh hell, don't apologize. There's no language police here. My comment was just an apparently failed attempt at light-heartedness and mild humour.

Styles such as font-size can go in a separate css cascading style-sheet (best/cleanest approach), in the head section of your html document (ok if the styles are only and ever just for that page) or directly in a style attribute of an element. Using the style attribute on an element is generally frowned upon because it mixes content and presentation thereby making things less flexible and harder to maintain.

Sounds like you need a css tutorial. Just entering that phrase in a search engine will give you lots of them. The w3schools.com site I linked to is a good reference, and they also have a good introductory tutorial. HTMLdog's tutorial might be a little better.

Good luck, have fun...

Page: 1