Great work on v3.20!

Page: 1

Author Post
gregp
Just a BIG thanks for the fantastic work on v3.20! It's taken what was already a slick and versatile tool to the next level of flexibility and professionalism! For me, AutoGallery, the ability to split animations and the ability to move navigational elements are the three big winners for me!

Just on that... I can't actually find where you turn autogallery on... searching through floatbox.js I can only find two references to the string autogallery and both are within the code. Has the variable simply been omitted by mistake?

The only other thing I was hoping for (and this is perhaps getting picky as this version takes it from 0% to 95%) was to be able to shift just the close button to the top right corner. This version 'only' has prev/next/close all lumped in together so if you want close top right you have to have prev and next there too.

Nonetheless, great work and thanks again for a great script! :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Greg
Administrator
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the kudos. It's nice to hear the effort was appreciated.

autoGallery: Yeah, I never did place a settable option for this in the config section of the js code. I'm not sure why. When I put it in, I was just picturing it being set on a per page basis as described in the docs. It should be in the js code too, and will be in subsequent releases. You can manually add it in to the config section of the 3.20 code and it will work from there if you like.

The close button will NEVER be split off from other controls. It was actually really hard, and frankly not much fun, to get the caption, controls and other fripperies to position right in all combinations, positions and browsers. I am not masochistic enough to further complicate things by splitting the controls apart.

What's with all these people who prefer split animations??? There's no accounting for taste I suppose. :P
gregp
Definitely appreciated. So often you read through a changelog of new features and find it's trumpeting obscure irrelevancies to 99.9% - "overhauled firmware so the last full-stop on the screen is in the same font as the rest of the text on the screen when viewed in Lynx on an overclocked Apple II'. Seriously I wonder whether some people release updates just so the application looks fresh. Certainly not the case here - first cab off the rank was a winner for me!

Re the animations, for me it's having 'grown up' on Lightbox. And I think it looks more elegant. But that's just me :). Yeah I can live with the close button together with the others! Keep up the good work (now we just have to find some more features we want! ;))

Greg
netslider
Outstanding work on 3.20! I really wish we could think of a way to repay you for all you've done for this project!
gregp
http://floatboxjs.com/?autoStart=donate.html

8)

Page: 1